A selection of cost competitive, problem solving materials that provide specific performance benefits in paints, coatings and inks including pH adjustment, rheology control, pigment dispersion/stabilization and foam control. In addition, we offer specialty additives including matting agents, epoxy curing adducts and moisture scavengers. Our additives deliver measurable solutions for manufacturers.
Anti-settling & Rheology
- Falgel™ SeriesOpen/Close
Falgel™ 60 is a specialized finely ground colloidal clay, which forms aqueous thixotropic gels. It is an effective co-thickener with CMC, HEC and associative thickeners for flat, satin and gloss architectural latex coatings.
Falgel™ 90 is a specialized finely ground colloidal clay. It provides excellent sag and syneresis control as well as superior anti-settling properties and reduces roller spatter in aqueous coatings. It is recommended for use in various water-based coating systems including satin, semi-gloss and gloss coatings. It is not recommended for use in solvent-based systems.
- Controls syneresis
- Controls pigment settling
- Provides sag control
- Reduces roller spatter
- Fast shear thinning and recovery properties
- Not susceptible to bacterial attack
- Synergistic with cellulosic and associative thickeners
- Excellent non-drip properties
- Cost efficient
- RheoFal™ SeriesOpen/Close
RheoFal™ 101, RheoFal™ 102 and RheoFal™ 301 are an easy dispersing organically modified bentonite clay. It is especially suited for low to medium polarity solvent based paints and coatings. It provides excellent viscosity build, sag control and anti-settling properties in these coating systems. PRODUCT FEATURES
- Provides thixotropy
- Enables viscosity control
- Eliminates settling of pigments & extenders
- Can be added as powder or pregel
- Provides excellent shelf and heat aged viscosity stability
- Provides excellent long-term anti-settling resistance
Multi-functional dispersants and pigment stabilizers for all types of pigments/coating applications.
- LDA™ SeriesOpen/Close
- Polymeric dispersing agents and pigment stabilizers for inorganic and organic pigments.
- Proven compatiblility and synergy with LPRT-modified solvent-based systems
- Excellent for inorganic and organic pigments
- Non-yellowing effect in white colours
- Reduces dispersion time
Calatysts & Hardeners
We offer specialty products including epoxy curing agents and oxazolidines. Visit www.incorez.com for more information.
- Falden 22Open/Close
Falden 22 is a general-purpose defoamer and antifoam for aqueous paints and coatings based on proprietary, silicone-free chemistry. It provides effective foam control in flat and satin latex paints. Falden 22 is also used for emulsion polymerization and latex manufacture, as well as development of water-based inks.
- Effective defoaming action
- Persistent antifoam properties
- Suitable for use in both grind & letdown stages
- LAF™ SeriesOpen/Close
- LAF™ 120 is a silicone-free mineral oil-based anti-foam additive designed to be used in conjunction with Lorama Polysaccharide Resin Technology (LPRT).
- Proven compatibility and synergy with LPRT-modified paints.
- Effective long term pH control
- Low odour
- Low water sensitivity
- Absence of crystalline residue upon evaporation
- Equal performance in finished products
- Cost reduction
Colorants & Dispersions
Delivering superior performance by design, our ColourFal™ line of truly universal colorants provide enhanced compatibility with the broadest of range of resin systems.
Patented chemistry in ColourFal Zero™ assures that even our VOC Free colourant will flow and stop on demand providing hassle free performance in any point-of-sale dispenser whether manual or automatic. This exceptional technology ensures that accurate color reproduction and consistent color strength can be achieved in any machine.
- ColourFal Zerø™Open/Close
Leading the way to a Zerø VOC* Future are our truly universal ColourFal Zerø™ colorants. Superior dispensing provides trouble-free performance in both manual and automatic dispensers. ColourFal Zerø is designed to solve common traditional Zerø VOC* colourant system pitfalls such as:
- Drying at the nozzle head
- Pigment settling in-can and in canister
- Limited compatibility in alkyd systems
- Viscosity drop in tinted bases
- Reduced scrub and block resistance
- Required capital investment in dispenser upgrades
The difference is our patented SmartTint™ technology formulated from environmentally friendly products and renewable materials that contain no VOC's or harmful chemicals, yet provide maximum compatability and cost efficiency.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) react with sunlight in the atmosphere creating greenhouse gases and smog. Scientists have credited VOCs with rise in global warming and serious air pollution seen in many of the world’s largest cities. We have a responsibility to our planet and future generations to develop sustainable chemistry. ColourFal Zerø™ adheres to our company’s sustainability principle to improve social conditions, without negatively impacting our environment. So breathe easy knowing the full spectrum of colour is attainable in an environmentally friendly package.
SmartTint™ is a revolutionary technology that utilizes patented chemistry to improve flow and eliminate dry out, preventing blockage and dripping from the nozzle of colourant dispensing machines. It uses environmentally friendly products that contain no VOC*’s or harmful chemicals, yet provide maximum compatibility and cost efficiency. By eliminating drying out at the nozzle and dripping after tinting, ColourFal Zerø™ with SmartTint™ technology ensures accurate colour reproduction every time in both manual and automatic tintometric dispensing machines. Put simply, ColourFal Zerø™ is smart enough to flow and stop on demand in any tintometric machine.
When it comes to VOC-free* tints and colourants, removing one harmful toxin often means replacing it with another. ColourFal Zerø™ was developed without the use of raw materials that threaten our environment, including formaldehyde & formaldehyde-donors, ethylene glycol, and alkylphenol ethoxylates (APE). In addition, ColourFal Zerø™ is specially formulated to eliminate drying at the nozzle, and spraying or dripping out of the machines. Right away, you'll notice the ColourFal difference.
Think about how much effort is required to lower the piston when dispensing regular colourants. In manual machines, this extra effort increases the downward force and over time will lead to unnecessary wear of the piston and damage to the dispensing mechanism. In modern automatic machines significant damage can occur to the pump mechanism. The wear and damage caused by the added force is an unnecessary cost in dispensing machine maintenance. The down time required to repair and re-calibrate dispensing machines severely hampers the efficiency and profitability of a colour system. Through SmartTint Technology, ColourFal Zerø™ provides added value for long-term use of VOC-free* colourants in dispensing machines.
* US EPA Method 24
ColourFal™ colourants are glycol-based, offering a broad range of compatibilities across different resin systems. Glycol systems are economical with a 5-7% savings over Zero VOC technologies. ColourFal™ systems have been successfully implemented in climates across the globe
- Provides proven reliability, accuracy and repeatability
- Maximum machine stability and minimal maintenance
- Glycol systems are robust and hassle free and will have little impact on the performance attributes of the base paint
- Maintains the paint properties and application features your customers expect: –Open time, brush feel, workability, etc.
Anti-corrosion solutions that allow manufacturers to comply with environmental & safety standards by eliminating the toxic components of protective coatings.
A wide selection of anti-corrosive products including inorganic, organic and hybrid options, flash rust inhibitors, tannin stain inhibitors and rust converting additives. Visit www.halox.com for more information.Halox products are exclusively distributed through Lorama Group International Inc. in South America, Central America, Caribbean and Africa.
Specialty engineered calcined and hydrous kaolins and mineral fibres for paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants and other industries such as wire & cable, plastics, construction etc.
- BASF Engineered KaolinsOpen/Close
BASF engineered kaolins provide benefits in coatings and inks including increased opacity, tint strength and sheen control. They improve electrical and physical performance in wire & cable, increase mechanical strength, impact and flex strength in rubber and plastics and strengthen concrete and cement based products. Visit www.kaolin.basf.com for more information.
- Lapinus Engineered Mineral FibresOpen/Close
Intelligent fibres, spun from high purity volcanic rock provide fire protection, reinforcement, impact resistance, etc. in a variety of Industrial coating applications. Visit www.lapinusfibres.com for more information.
- Private: Syloid W silicas (Grace)Open/Close
A new generation of silica matting agents specifically for water borne coatings with high matting efficiency and high brightness, produces clean colours and tints.
We provide a wide range of high quality organic, inorganic pigments and dyes for paints, plastics and inks.
Aakash Chemicals: is a hybrid manufacturer specializing in organic pigments, liquid colorants, slip additives, and specialty resins. Organic pigments are specifically suited for paints, plastics and ink applications.
Wax Additives – Plastics and Inks:
Aakash offers a wide range of Amide waxes for the plastics and inks industry. Please see the Additives section.
Specialty Ketonic Resins – Industrial Coatings
Aakash offers Ketonic Resins that enhance dry times, improve hardness and exterior durability of solvent based coatings. Specifically engineered, the HK 100 ketonic resin is used in a variety of solvent based coatings. Please see the Resins section.
High purity functional fillers for a variety of coating applications.
- Faltalc 3Open/Close
- Faltalc 3 is produced from high purity ores that yield a talc with fine particle size and high brightness. This talc provides excellent holdout and barrier properties for porous substrates when used in paints and coatings.
Sil-Cell® is an inert, inorganic, non-toxic and non-hazardous glass micro cellular material with spherical and irregular morphology, used specifically for automobile body fillers. The irregular shapes promote greater tensile strength than the usual spherical bubbles.
- Provides superior rheology characteristics such as ease of spreadability
- Improved stability, shelf life, sandability and impact resistance
We supply high quality pigments for the coatings, ink, plastics and construction industries.
We provide specialty resins for various applications for the coatings and allied industries. All of our polysaccharide resins are made from renewable plant sources and are non-toxic. This makes them ideal for formulating “green coatings”.
Lorama Polysaccharide Resins
Lorama’s signature polysaccharide resins form the basis of our Lorama Polysaccharide Resin Technology (LPRT) system, which provides significant cost savings on the total paint cost and VOC reduction to allow manufacturers to meet environmental regulations.
- ECØ FLO™Open/Close
ECØ FLO™ is a high-solids VOC-free polysaccharide resin designed as a humectant for the manufacture of water-based and universal colourants.
- Free flowing liquid
- Non-freezing at -15oC
- Suitable for the manufacture of universal and water-based colourants
- 100% renewable
- Cost effective
- “Green” sustainable product
- INKRES™ 33Open/Close
INKRES™ 33 is a film forming polysaccharide resin used for partial replacement of acrylic emulsion resins in water-based flexographic ink formulations to improve press resolubility and stability.
- Replaces acrylic emulsions in water-based flexographic ink formulations to be applied on absorptive substrates
- Increases the ‘green’ content of the formulation
- Non-irritating to skin and eyes
- LPR™ SeriesOpen/Close
Lorama’s signature polysaccharide resins form the basis of the Lorama Polysaccharide Resin Technology (LPRT) system, which provides significant cost savings on the total paint cost and VOC reduction to allow coatings manufacturers to meet environmental regulations.
- Cost reduction in alkyd enamels.
- VOC reduction.
- Equivalent paint performance.
- Unlimited possibilities for use in various applications:
- Foundry coatings
- Fire retardant coatings
- Sound insulation
- CD surface coatings
- Pigment wetting
LTB™29 enables the joint compound manufacturer to make a pre-mixed ready-to-use joint compound. LTB™29 functions by bonding to the reinforcing tape and develops strength and hardness upon drying.PRODUCT FEATURES
- Imparts rheology to improve ease of application
- Improves sanding characteristics
- Superior fastening to reinforcing tape
- Replaces traditional binders, such as latex emulsions
- Cost savings
Water borne polyurethane dispersions that allow manufacturers to formulate zero VOC and NMP free coatings.
Wood Coating Technology
A unique water based exterior deck and wood stain system that performs like a solvent based stain. There is no grain-raising and no visible lap marks with multiple coat applications. This innovative technology uses renewable raw material resources.
- LWD™ 90EOpen/Close
LWD™90E is an innovative, VOC-free modifier for use in the manufacture of water-based interior stains. Stains formulated with LWD™90E penetrate into the wood fibers, providing excellent preservation and protection. Conventional water-based stains can also be enhanced for ease of application with increased open time, reduced lapping and minimal grain raising. The non-volatile component of LWD™90E is derived from renewable plant resources.
- Superior penetration and absorption
- Longer open time
- Reduced lap marks
- Minimal grain raising
- Excellent compatibility with pigments and colourants
- Low odour
- Compatibility with water based resins