Lorama Group Inc.
Lorama Group Inc. is a fast growing chemical company with a global reach. Our specialty additives are sold in over 100 countries across six continents. Innovation and dependability, combined with exceptional customer service has made us a trusted supplier with a loyal customer base in the paint and coatings industry.
Position summary – Research chemist (Bio-based Material)
We are looking for a chemist specializing in bio-based or renewable materials to join our expanding research and development team. The main responsibilities of this position includes focusing on researching novel coatings technologies and the development of innovative bio-based products for the coating industry. This role will be expected to lead various R&D projects and provide the necessary feedback to keep projects on schedule. Knowledge focusing on reactions and functionalization of polysaccharides and a working knowledge of introducing bio-materials into new and novel systems is highly desirable and expected. A working knowledge of fatty acids, oils and waxes would be a strong asset. Familiarity with analytical methods including GCMS, HPLC, IR and UV-Vis analysis is desirable. Knowledge of polymers, including synthesis and modification, is advantageous. The ability to work in a range of diverse projects is expected. Some travel may be required but is not mandatory.
Reports To: Research and Development Group Leader
Essential Job functions:
- Development of novel products focusing on bio-based materials (polysaccharides, fatty acids and oils, etc.)
- Perform a wide range of reactions focusing on developing a strong understanding of the chemistry required to functionalize bio-based/renewable materials and utilize them for industrial applications.
- Develop the understanding of how to take a reaction from a laboratory setting to a small production trial scale
- Solve synthetic problems, develop, design and implement new synthetic routes
- Recommend and develop new industrial projects
- Write proposals, interim reports and final reports as appropriate
- Evaluation of industry formulations and test methods
- Interpret data and results
- Interface with QC and other laboratory groups
- Keep up to date with industry and chemistry advances related to field of work
- Minimum requirement of a M.Sc. in Chemistry or related areas
- Experience with bio-polymer/bio-material
- 2-5 years of industry experience in coating and paint industry preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Project management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills with cross-functional teams
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.