Lorama Group Inc. achieves ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification
Mississauga, Canada (June 12, 2023) – Lorama Group Inc. has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, for design, development, and distribution of raw materials for the coatings industry.
“This certification reinforces our promise to improve your world, by promoting innovative, sustainable products and solutions to our customers as well as protect the environment for future generations”, said Nerine Allen – Director of Regulatory Affairs. The certification empowers Lorama Group’s sustainability objectives which include complying with all applicable environmental regulatory requirements, compliance obligations and working towards continual improvement of the environmental management system. One target accomplished in April 2023, is the change to a zero waste to landfill facility, meaning that 100% of the waste from our operations has been diverted from landfills to provide useful energy.
To view certificate – click here
As a leading manufacturer in the paints and coatings industry, Lorama Group’s core values are the foundation of our business, and these include our commitment to improving the world.
The Management and Team at Lorama are dedicated to ensuring the protection of the environment as an integral part of the company’s culture and will endeavor to encourage our suppliers and customers in a similar strategic manner.
Lorama Group is committed to making environmental management a vital part of its operations by:
▪ Complying with all applicable environmental regulatory requirements and compliance obligations.
▪ Considering environmental risks and opportunities in business strategies and initiatives in the most practical manner.
▪ Taking every reasonable step to familiarize and train our employees in our environmental values.
▪ Facilitating and encouraging employee participation in activities to minimize pollution and reduce waste.
▪ Communicating our environmental values to all employees, guests, suppliers, and other interested parties.
▪ Working towards continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
Sustainability Initiatives for 2023:
- Lorama Group is on target to becoming a zero waste to landfill facility in 2023. This means 100% waste diversion from landfills to useful energy. Converting waste-to-energy instead of sending waste to the landfill will lower greenhouse gas emissions.